Clavicle fracture accounts for about 17.02 ﹪ in upper-arm fracture, and accounts for about 5.98 ﹪ in the whole body fracture. It have occurred in all age groups , but quite frequently in children and young adults.
1. The non-surgical treatment:
For none shifted ones, fixed by bandage, 3 weeks for infants, 6~8weeks for adults.
For angulation malformation, patient can be fixed by bandage for 3~4weeks after manual reduction.
For shifted ones, fixed by bandage or dual-circles for 4~5weeks after manual reduction(Lap top reset method).
2. surgical treatment:
For unstable facture Combined with vascular nerve damage, restoration and inner fixation can be applied.
1. After being fixed, if the skin color of patient's hand and forearm becomes white or purple, patient feeling of numbness, or his radial pulse weaken, it shows that axillary nerve and blood vessels is been pressured, the patient should stand with arms akimbo with guidance, shoulders outreaching. If the symptoms are still not relieved, report to doctor and adjust the degree of tightness for the fixation until the symptoms disappear.
2. When sleeping, in supine position, narrow and soft pillow can be put between the two shoulder blade, which make shoulders outreach.
3. Body position: patient recumbent up with heart level, upper limb is fixed at elbow flexion 90 degrees which is advantageous to the venous returning and can relief the pain.
4. The fingers, wrist, elbow can bend and stretch after the fracture fixed.
5. Shoulder and chest expansion can be added in mid-term.
6. All kinds of shoulder joint activities can be added in later period which focus on shoulder outreaching and rotating to prevent shoulder joint function restricted because of being fixed for too long time.
7. Before shoulder fracture healing, arm lifting is banned in case that pressure affects the healing of fracture.
? 2013 SANYOU All rights reserved. Designed by GreatMo